FOSScamp Syros 2017
An adventure with free open source geeks from communities all around the Balkans and Europe aside the beach. Four days of co-creation for the commons of the beautiful island of Syros. Meet new people, exchange ideas, get inspired, collaborate to organize this un-conference together with the ultimate goal of growing our communities and spreading the free open source communities in every corner of our region.
A Typical Day at FOSS Camp Balkans
You start your day with other participants for a coffee by the beach and organize the day together. Eat freshly prepared breakfast and start working in teams for half of the day. Present your work in the afternoon, party on the beach in the evening. Repeat the routine for at least three days.
Careful: this event requires active participation from your side!
You definitely need a ticket to join this event. Tickets are purchased online through: www.fosscamp.cc If you have any questions about the tickets process please contact the organising team: hello (at) ura.design.
Ermoupoli (Greek: Ερμούπολη) stands on a naturally amphitheatrical site, with neo-classical buildings, old mansions and white houses cascading down to the harbour. The City Hall, where Miaoulis Square lies ringed with cafes and with seating areas under palm trees. The "City of Hermes" has numerous churches, including Metamorphosis, Koimisis, St. Demetrius, Three Hierarchs, Anastasis, Evangelistria and St. Nicolas. The Archaeological Museum has many finds and the Municipal Library contains numerous editions. The quarter of the town known as Vaporia is where the sea captains lived. Along its narrow streets, stand numerous neo-classical mansions.
There will be a booking of at least 2 airbnb apartments in the next days. The location will be near the port and the center of Ermoupolis.
Transportation to Syros
By plane: info to be added soon
By ferry: info to be added soon
- Day 1: general information including safety briefing and planning for the next days;
- Day 2: Syros Mapillary contributions, Ermoupoli in 360' photo shooting & OSM contributions;
- Day 3: Mozilla WebVR workshop and contribution of 360' photos of Ermoupoli to Wikimedia Commons;
- Day 4: More 360' and VR photos work & closing of the event.
- Dates: TDA
- Where: Syros island, Greece;
- Laptop needed: YES;
- Knowledge level needed: basic knowledge for Wikipedia editing, Mapillary app (smartphone needed), Wikimedia Commons;
- Announcement at Open Labs forum: https://forum.openlabs.cc/t/fosscamp-2017-syros-greece/459