FOSScamp Syros 2017
An adventure with free open source geeks from communities all around the Balkans and Europe aside the beach. Four days of co-creation for the commons of the beautiful island of Syros. Meet new people, exchange ideas, get inspired, collaborate to organize this un-conference together with the ultimate goal of growing our communities and spreading the free open source communities in every corner of our region.
A Typical Day at FOSS Camp Balkans
You start your day with other participants for a coffee by the beach and organize the day together. Eat freshly prepared breakfast and start working in teams for half of the day. Present your work in the afternoon, party on the beach in the evening. Repeat the routine for at least three days.
Careful: this event requires active participation from your side!
- Day 1: general information including safety briefing and planning for the next days;
- Day 2: Syros Mapillary contributions, Ermoupoli in 360' photo shooting & OSM contributions;
- Day 3: Mozilla WebVR workshop and contribution of 360' photos of Ermoupoli to Wikimedia Commons;
- Day 4: More 360' and VR photos work & closing of the event.
- Dates: TDA
- Where: Syros island, Greece;
- Laptop needed: YES;
- Knowledge level needed: basic knowledge for Wikipedia editing, Mapillary app (smartphone needed), Wikimedia Commons;
- Announcement at Open Labs forum: https://forum.openlabs.cc/t/fosscamp-2017-syros-greece/459